Civil War Cavalry Virtual Tours:
Some tours have expanded links to the battlefields*
* Brices Crossroads – Forrest vs Sturgis
* Davis Bridge – Maj. Gen. Earl Van Dorn vs Maj. Gen. Edward O.C. Ord
Johnsonville Battlefield and Tennessee River Naval Battle – November 4–5, 1864. Forrest’s Cavalry raid on the U.S. Navy and the Army supply base at Johnsonville, Tennessee:
- West Bank of the Tennessee River at Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park
- Upper Redoubt
- Tennessee River Front
Clifton, Tennessee – Forrest Cavalry crossing of the Tennessee River – Dec. 15, 1862 – Jan. 3, 1863
* Parkers Crossroads – Forrest’s Cavalry Raid into West Tennessee – December 31, 1862
* Kelley’s Point – Cumberland River Nashville Naval Battle Dec. 2-15, 1864
- Look for the icons that open to display the historical signage.
- The lower left corner of the display has a full screen option hot spot.
* Hood’s Retreat – Battle of Nashville Rear Guard
* John Hunt Morgan Raid’s – Munfordville and Tebb’s Bend
Note: get the full screen mode by clicking the icon in the lower left of the video frame. A zoom option is available also for reading the historical signage. Some markers are embedded in the floating icons.
#virtualtour #civilwar #johnsonville #nbforrest #cavalry