Fort Johnson 360° Virtual Tour:
Updated: 28 September 2017
Tennessee State Capitol Building: 698 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville Tennessee
The Greek Revival building was designed by William Strickland. It is one of many Nashville’s examples of Greek Revival architecture. The cornerstone of the capitol was laid on July 4, 1845 and the building was completed fourteen years later in 1859.
“Fort Johnson (1863-1865) – A U.S. Civil War Fort established in 1863 in Nashville, Tennessee. The Tennessee State capital building was re-named Fort Johnson after Andrew Johnson, the military governor of Tennessee. The building was abandoned by US troops in 1867 after the end of the war and after Tennessee had returned to the Union. Also known as Capitol Redoubt and Camp Andy Johnson.”
#fortjohnson #capital #tn #virtualtour
© Bob Henderson | Athens-South